Fishing Playlist: Well-liked Songs About Boats and Water
Songwriters channel inspiration from all areas of life to compose great music that connects with people. Think of your favorite song. Is it about love and romance? Nature and adventure? Dreams and ambition? All music has an emotional element that can set the tone for an experience or add meaning to our lives.
For me, music is absolutely essential every day whether for background noise, to inspire motivation, or to set the backdrop for special occasions and outings. I’m a huge fan of curating playlists and will sometimes go with a theme, such as songs about boats and water, or a certain vibe such as upbeat dance music.
I happen to have a playlist stacked with songs about boats and water, an essential soundtrack for your next boat day. If fishing songs are your thing, you might enjoy this playlist too, or check out this ultimate summer fishing and boating playlist. Here are a few all-time favorite songs about boats and water for you to enjoy!
- Saltwater Gospel – Eli Young Band
- Summer Breeze – Seals and Crofts
- Black Water – The Doobie Brothers
- Chattahoochee – Alan Jackson
- Smooth Sailing – Nick Walker
- Castaway – Zac Brown Band
- Deep River Blues – Doc Watson
- Buy Me a Boat – Chris Jansen
- Into The Mystic – Van Morrison
- Get On Board – Kevin Simon
- The Downeaster Alexa – Billy Joel
- Lochloosa – JJ Grey & Mofro
- Take Me to the River – Talking Heads
- Sail On – Commodores
- Boats – Kenny Chesney
- If I Had a Boat – Lyle Lovett
- Water – Brad Paisley
- Proud Mary – Tina Turner
- Boat Drinks – Jimmy Buffett
- Sail Into The Sun – Gentlemen Hall
Now that you’ve found your new favorite boat songs, follow our profile on Spotify to stream more boating and fishing songs for free. You can also check out the song Get On Board by Kevin Simon, which was featured in our ad “Get On Board.” Happy listening!