Immediate Pot Fish Recipe: Lemon Pepper Salmon
If you’re looking for some of the best fish recipes to make when you’re short on time, you’ll want to keep this instant pot fish recipe for lemon pepper salmon handy.
Easy fish recipes don’t have to involve frying. In fact, if you want to learn how to cook fish without frying, an instant pot is a healthier option that can also help you prepare meals faster.
Lemon Pepper Salmon Ingredients
- 1 lb. salmon (sockeye salmon or coho salmon, cut into portion-sized fillets)
- 2 Tbsp. butter (room temperature)
- 1 tsp. fresh dill finely chopped
- 1 fresh dill sprig
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
Instant Pot Fish Recipe Steps
Follow these steps to learn how to cook fish (lemon pepper salmon) in an instant pot:
- Add butter, dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to small mixing bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Cut salmon into portion sizes of your choice. Spread the butter compound on top of salmon pieces.
- Add one cup of water and a few sprigs of dill to the instant pot.
- Place half of the salmon on standard trivet and insert into pot.
- Top salmon pieces with 2 thin slices of lemon.
- Place second half of the salmon on a trivet and insert into pot. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Once again, top salmon pieces with 2 thin slices of lemon.
- Lock lid and cook in the instant pot at high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Once cook time is complete, remove lid and serve.
Any general guidelines you’ve learned about how long to cook fish won’t apply when using an instant pot because it cooks fish much faster. Once you try this lemon pepper salmon, you’ll want to add it to your list of quick and easy fish recipes!